Imagine 100% on-chain NFTs in the metaverse, guaranteed to last forever. The Internet Computer blockchain’s “reverse-gas model” means no hefty gas fees for users, and affordable minting for developers and creators. Low storage costs enable fully on-chain gameplay, 4k films, music libraries, and so on as NFTs. The only limit is your imagination.
The Internet Computer has hosted events such as Supernova to help inspire and support developers across the ecosystem, including those looking to develop games on the blockchain. Some games, such as Cubetopia, have even received grants from DFINITY for up to $100,000.
Links to get you started:
- DFINITY Github Gamekit
- A Unity Game Template for the Internet Computer
- Building a multi-player Reversi game on the IC
- How I Built a Multiplayer Game on the IC
- Hosting a Web Game on the Internet Computer
- Sample Code, Applications, and Microservices
- IC Community: Gaming
For a list of some of the games currently available on the IC, check out our article Gaming on the IC